Part of my job as your U.S. Senator is helping Hoosiers find grant opportunities and ensuring Hoosiers get due consideration for federal grant applications. The resources below can help your organization navigate the grant process. Additionally, my staff is prepared to help you find a grant you might qualify for.
If you’ve already found a federal grant to apply for and you would like a letter of support, click the link below.
If you are still searching for the right grant for your organization, have questions, or want to check the status of a federal application, my office can help. Our office is able to search for federal, state, and foundation grants. My grants coordinator can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 317-226-6700.
Additional resources are available below that may help you in your search for grant opportunities.
- Find out Who is Eligible for a Grant? Other government websites may be more suitable for personal needs, student loans, small business assistance, or other business opportunities such as government contracting. The website Government Benefits, Grants, and Financial Aid may also be of help.
- If eligible, search for programs in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA). Includes grants, loans, business and nonfinancial help.
- Contact federal office given in CFDA program description: if state or local office is indicated, check Regional Agency Offices at top of CFDA website for addresses.
- Go to federal websites given in each CFDA program description for more information and for state administering agencies responsible for managing funding.
- Check current federal grants opportunities at Grants.gov, obtain a Dun and Bradstreet (DUNS) number, register with System for Award Management (SAM), and apply online (links and instructions given at the website). Additional notices appear at FedConnect.
- Search foundations for project funding: use the Foundation Center website or Foundation Information Network in libraries to identify national, state, and community foundations.
- Learn how to write grant proposals: Take the free online Foundation Center Proposal Writing Short Course, or see other tips and sample proposals at Grantspace's How Do I Write a Grant Proposal?