- U.S. Senator Todd Young (R-Ind.) issued the following statement after attending the White House ceremony at which President Joe Biden signed into law the China competitiveness legislationSenator Young helped author:
"Today, America goes on offense against the Chinese Communist Party," said Senator Young. "We have a national security imperative to ensure we don't fall behind China in technological innovation, and getting this legislation enacted into law will help ensure America's global l… Continue Reading
- U.S. Senator Todd Young (R-Ind.) today voted against the Democrats' reckless tax-and-spend bill, the so-called Inflation Reduction Act. The legislation passed the Senate by a vote of 50 to 50, with Vice President Kamala Harris breaking the tie. "With inflation at a forty-year high and our country in a recession, this bill is the absolute wrong approach to helping Hoosier families," said Senator Young. "Despite its name, this legislation does nothing to address rising prices or high energy cos… Continue Reading
- Today, the U.S. Senate unanimously cosponsored and passed a resolution introduced by U.S. Senators Todd Young (R-Ind.) and Mike Braun (R-Ind.) honoring and celebrating the life and legacy of Representative Jackie Walorski, who served Hoosiers in the U.S. House of Representatives for the last 10 years. Representative Walorski tragically passed away in a car accident on August 3, 2022.
"Jackie and I came to Congress at roughly the same time. I will never forget when she arrived here at the … Continue Reading
- On Wednesday, the U.S. Senate unanimously passed a resolution introduced by Senators Todd Young (R-Ind.) and Mike Braun (R-Ind.) condemning the attack that occurred in Greenwood, Indiana on July 17, 2022; honoring the memory of the victims of the attack; and praising the actions of Elisjsha Dicken, who valiantly engaged and thwarted the shooter.
Both Indiana senators spoke on the Senate floor about the resolution. To watch Senator Young's remarks, click here. To watch Senator Braun's rema… Continue Reading
- U.S. Senator Todd Young (R-Ind.) issued the following statement after the Senate voted to ratify the accession of Finland and Sweden as members of NATO:
"NATO remains the globe's most important alliance and has been an essential pillar of Western security since the end of World War II. Putin's unprovoked war in Ukraine has resulted in the alliance expanding and further strengthened through the accession of Sweden and Finland. Make no mistake, this action by the Senate is a strategic loss … Continue Reading